Monday 8 September 2014

Random thoughts and such shit

I know I haven't posted in a while, and I have a totally valid reason: I didn't feel like it. Anyway, school started, and things are alright. My teachers are all using the right pronouns for me, and correct themselves when they slip up. The majority of my classmates are still using the wrong name/pronouns, but they're gradually improving. I've only been called a slur once and I handed that kid's ass to him. At this point, my peers try their best not to offend me* because they don't want to have to hear the subsequent rant I give when they do.

Also, my counselor informed me on Friday morning (so, after three days of school) that my teachers already believe that I belong on a college campus. I'm not particularly surprised, but it's always nice to hear that!

I ordered a couple of binders a few weeks ago and they were too tight; I physically couldn't breathe, so I sent them back. I have yet to decide when to order a replacement.

Yesterday was my fourteenth birthday. It was an okay day, meaning that it wasn't great but also not as bad as I expected. My mother baked a "festival of sweets," meaning brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and bars made of graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and coconut. I'm currently gorging on all three. My dolls are also rockin' some new outfits.

My best friend and I are tackling the French Harry Potter books. Yes, they're challenging, but they're also quite rewarding. (This is only a few pages in, mind you.) I've read the English Harry Potters enough to know when I'm fucking up the translation.

Well, that's all I can think of to say at the moment. Honestly, this whole transition thing is making me exhausted. The only things getting me through are dolls, Friendship is Magic, my internet pals, and geometry homework.

* - no, I don't chew them out for misgendering me. That's just a bad idea. They get "the rant" for racist/ableist/misogynistic/homophobic/transphobic/anti-Semetic/rape jokes and that kind of shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.